Can I have steroid injections and still use magnets?
Yes you can. They will not interfere with each other. It is completely safe to have the two together.
Can I wear too many magnets at the same time?
There is no such thing as wearing too many magnets as you cannot overdose on magnetism. The more magnets you can wear the better, especially if you have all over body pain. Some people use a mattress cover in their bed and wear a necklace, bracelets, knee strap, back belt and drink magnetized water during the day. This is perfectly safe as it retains the level of magnetism in your body. It is very important to wear magnets 24-7 otherwise it would take twice as long to take away the pain, if you only used it for half a day.
Can I take my magnetic products on a plane when I go on holiday?
Yes you can. Although you should put them in your hand luggage. read our holiday guide
Gauss is the unit in which the strength of a magnet is measured. The higher the Gauss the stronger the magnet. For an example a normal fridge magnet is around 150 gauss (15 mTesla). A healing magnet should have a minimum of 800 gauss (80mTesla).
Many magnetic products available for sale do not have the minimum required gauss for healing purposes. Before purchasing a magnetic therapy product always ask for the strength of the product if the gauss of each individual magnet is less that 800 gauss then do not buy the product as it does not have the power to penetrate through the skin into the body.
N.B. All the strength stated are surface gauss rating, not manufacturer’s or core gauss. A surface gauss of 3000 will usually equate to a core gauss of 14,000.
All of our packaging contains full information about the strength of our products.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF MAGNET:
There are many different types of magnet available on the market. Not all types of magnet are suitable for healing purposes. See the list below for the different magnet types and their uses:
1. Ferrite magnets: man made from hard wearing metal these are mainly used for industrial purposes, but they can be found in healing products. They are not always an adequate gauss for healing purposes, around 800-1000 gauss and they do not conduct the healing magnetic field as well as Neodymium magnets.
2. Ceramic magnets: man made from a clay base these magnets are mainly used in industry and for domestic purposes such as fridge magnets. These magnets should not be used for healing purposes, as they do not conduct well between the skin and the magnet surface. They are generally not very strong around 500-800 gauss and are not hard wearing with a limited life span.
3. Neodymium magnets: made from a metal found in the earth’s core these magnets are known as rare earth magnets. They are the most widely used for healing purposes and are also called healing magnets for this reason. They are hard wearing, high strength and have a life span of 10 years. They are the best magnets for healing use and provide the best conductive field. They are usually high strength around 1200- 3000 gauss. Neodymium magnets are high-grade magnets and are used by NASA for the purpose of maintaining muscle tone in astronauts during space flight.
4. Flexible magnets: made from a flexible metal/rubber mix these are mainly used in industry but can also be found in healing products. They can be high strength but generally not as strong as neodymium. They do not have a long life, as they are prone to more wear and tear than metallic magnets.
Before purchasing a magnetic product always check which type of magnet you are buying if you cannot find out what type it is beware! As the magnets may well be industrial purpose magnets and not healing magnets. If in doubt don’t buy. A reputable supplier will always list which type of magnet they use.
CHEAP IMITATIONS BEWARE!
There are hundreds of magnetic therapy suppliers around today. Many people have noticed how magnet therapy is going in popularity especially as many celebrities jump on the bandwagon. As a result it is quite common to go to a local market or shopping centre and find a magnet therapy stall selling magnetic jewellery. These stall holders often sell their products at very low prices. How can these stall holders sell their products so cheaply it is not because they have low overheads as they would like you to believe. It is because the products that they are selling are sub standard. They are usually low gauss ferrite magnets with only around 500 gauss per magnet. The jewellery may not be made with a copper base, which is best for healing purposes, and they may not have gold or silver plating on them. Many people will have a reaction to metals, which are not gold, or silver-plated.
- The cheapest magnetic product is not always the best product. Always remember if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is too good to be true.
- Spending £5.00 on a magnetic bracelet with less than a 800 gauss magnets in it is the same as throwing your money down the drain.
- A magnetic product is a medical device regardless of whether it is a magnetic strap, pillow, or a piece of jewellery. Ask yourself this question: ” Would you expect to pay £5.00 for a medical device?” The answer is No. Magnetic products do not have to cost the earth but a high quality, high strength, healing product will have a realistic price tag.