There is a great variety of health insurance options available to suit one’s health care needs. Depending on the expanse of the coverage and benefits, the cost also differs accordingly. Here is a short discussion on basic types available for you to choose from:
*Catastrophic health insurance: This type of insurance is intended for protection against catastrophe. Although it comes with a low monthly premium, this one offers high deductibles.
*Short-term health insurance: This type of insurance is purchased to cover a specific period of time and depending on its coverage, the cost can be affordable to expensive.
*Full-service health insurance: This is the most comprehensive type of health insurances as it cover all types of illnesses, allow you to get treatment regardless of where you are in the world. Hence, this insurance can be quite expensive.
*Travel health insurance: This type of insurance is highly recommended for frequent travelers since new environments expose them to the possibility of acquiring illnesses. Depending on your specific coverage, you can also get insurance in case of medical emergencies, accidents, and evacuation (if necessary).
One of the biggest concerns when travelling to foreign countries is how to avoid catching bugs or a nasty case of the ‘tourist trots’. It can be hard to know what is safe to eat and what should be avoided. No matter how careful you are, however, it is very easy to unwittingly expose yourself to bacteria, germs and viruses. That is one reason why taking out travel insurance is very important. Some basic awareness, plus following a few simple food hygiene tips, can help avoid a nasty case of Delhi Belly, Montezuma’s Revenge, or whatever the affliction may be called in that part of the world: Read more…
The inclusion of group health insurance is surely a matter that will bring a smile to a potential employee’s faces. Some states seriously regulate insurance plans, especially those of employer-provided health insurance. You definitely want to look around and gather as much information as possible regarding group health insurance quotes. A good price is, of course, what every individual will want. Moreover, a fairly good price must be backed up with a solid plan that will meet the employees’ needs and demands as well as properly compensate employees.
If you are looking for a cheap group health insurance plan with a top rated company, here are the various plans that are available plus where to find the best rates.
The various health insurance plans that are available to a group include:
Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans:
* Major Medical Insurance – These plans let you choose your doctors and hospitals. They pay for doctor visits, hospital fees, surgical costs, and prescription drugs.
* Short-Term Major Medical Insurance – These plans provide you with the same coverage as major medical insurance, but for a limited amount of time.
* Managed Health Care Insurance – These plans assign you to a group of physicians and hospitals. They pay for doctor visits, hospital fees, surgical costs, and prescription drugs, and may include preventive care.
Specialised Health Insurance Plans:
* Hospital and Surgery Insurance – These plans restrict your insurance coverage to hospital expenses such as surgical fees, room and board, lab tests, and X-rays.
* Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance – These plans pay a certain amount for each day you’re in a hospital.
* Specified Disease Insurance – These plans pay for medical costs for a single disease such as AIDS, cancer, or heart disease.
* Accident Only Insurance – These plans pay for doctor visits, surgical costs, and hospital fees when your injured in an accident.
* Long Term Health Care Insurance – Theses plans provide health care and help for people who cannot take care of themselves.
* Home Health Care Insurance – These plans provide in-home health care and assisted living care for people who are injured or ill.
* Dental Insurance – These plans pay for dentist’s fees and dental specialist’s fees – fillings, crowns, extractions, dentures, check-ups, etc.
* Vision Insurance – These plans pay for costs associated with vision correction – glasses, contact lenses, vision tests, etc. Read more…